Cheese sauce like in McDonald's can be made at home. It goes well with French fries and country potatoes, as well as other boiled, fried, or baked vegetables.
Cheese sauce, like in McDonald's, you make from cheese, milk, flour, butter and spices. It is cooked on the stove until thickened for half an hour. This sauce is best served fresh.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For children
Main ingredient: Dairy products / Cheese
Dish: Sauces / Cheese sauce
- Butter - 40 grams
- Flour - 40 Grams
- Milk - 600 Milliliters
- Salt and Pepper - To taste
- Grated cheese - 110-120 grams
- Lemon juice - 1-2 Tbsp. spoons
- Grated Nutmeg - 1 Pinch (optional)
- Bay leaf - 1 Piece (you can not add)
- Cloves (buds) - 2-3 Pieces (you can not add)
How to make McDonald's Cheese Sauce
1. Cut the butter into pieces and place in a small saucepan or stewpan. Melt over medium-low heat. 2. Gradually add flour, stirring with a whisk. 3. Add chilled milk to hot flour and butter. Introduce gradually with stirring. 4. Add spices - salt, pepper, bay leaf, nutmeg and cloves. Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 10 minutes, remove the bay leaf and cloves from the sauce. 5. Place the grated cheese on a plate. Sprinkle with lemon juice and stir. The cheese should be at room temperature - only then can it be added to the sauce. 6. Reduce the heat under the pan to as low as possible. Add cheese and, stirring occasionally, melt into the sauce. Cheese sauce like in McDonald's is ready! Enjoy your meal!