Solyanka with smoked meat is a thick, rich soup that combines a whole rainbow of flavors. Everyone can do it. And most importantly - such a hodgepodge is cooked very quickly. We need pickles.
How to cook a hodgepodge with smoked meats?
1. Cut the brisket and sausage into cubes. Peel the potatoes, onions and carrots. Cut the onion into cubes. Rinse the potatoes and carrots, grate the carrots on a coarse grater, cut the potatoes into large cubes. Also cut the pickles into cubes. I usually peel pickled cucumbers, I think this is more pleasant to eat.
2. Pour water into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
3. Put onions and potatoes in boiling water, cook over medium heat, covered for 12-15 minutes.
4. While the potatoes are cooking, fry them. Simmer the carrots in a skillet in oil for 3-4 minutes, then add the chopped meats. After a couple of minutes, add the tomato paste and stir. Add cucumbers and half a glass of water from a saucepan, stir, salt and pepper to taste and simmer over low heat, covered for 6-7 minutes.
5. Pour the dressing into the pot for the finished potatoes. Add bay leaf, stir and cook for another 6-7 minutes. Then turn it off and let the hodgepodge brew for 15-20 minutes.
6. Before serving, add lemon wedge, a few olives and chopped herbs to portioned bowls. Serve the smoked meat hodgepodge with bread and sour cream.
Enjoy your meal!
Purpose: For lunch
Main ingredient: Meat / Offal
Dish: Soups / Solyanka
- Smoked brisket - 200-250 grams
- Smoked sausage - 150 grams (uncooked smoked)
- Potatoes - 3-4 Pieces
- Carrots - 2 Pieces
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Pickled cucumbers - 3-4 Pieces
- Olives - - To taste
- Tomato Paste - 50 Grams
- Vegetable oil - 3-4 Tbsp. spoons
- Bay leaf - 1-2 pieces
- Salt - - To taste
- Greens - - To taste (dill, parsley)
- Lemon - - To taste
- Water - 2.5 Liters