Grape Syrup - Recipe With Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Grape Syrup - Recipe With Photo
2023 Author: Kimberly Farrell | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:15
This syrup is very profitable to prepare if you grow your own grapes and you have quite a lot of it. The syrup itself turns out to be very tasty and rich, it can be diluted with water or added to cottage cheese.
On our site, grapes grew, as long as I can remember, and there were always so many of them that we did not even know what to do with all this wealth. They prepared, of course, compotes, jams, aromatic wines and made such grape syrup at home. In principle, the process of its preparation itself is not at all complicated, but how pleasant it is in autumn or winter to open a jar of syrup and pour cottage cheese or ice cream over it. And if you dilute the syrup with water, then we get a very tasty compote, so this simple recipe for grape syrup is incredibly useful in everyday life.
1) Let's start by thoroughly rinsing the grapes under running water, drying them and carefully separating the berries from the branches.
2) Next, we need to extract juice from grapes, this can be done in two ways. The first is to grind the grapes in any convenient way and leave the resulting mass for several hours in a cool place. In the second version, we heat the grapes, stirring constantly, in a water bath to 75 degrees, and then we pass the resulting mass through the squeezing nozzle of a meat grinder or simply grind in a blender or food processor.
3) Next, we put the grape mass in cheesecloth, folded several times, and hang this bag over the pan until all the juice is drained.
4) We measure the amount of juice obtained and pour it into a clean saucepan, add sugar at the rate of 1.5 kilograms of sugar per liter of grape juice, and add citric acid.
5) We put the pan on low heat and heat the syrup, stirring it, to 85 degrees, after which we pour the mass into sterilized hot and dry jars. We seal them with cork plugs, if possible, turn them upside down or put the cans on their side, wrap them in a blanket and leave them to cool completely.
We transfer the finished cooled syrup to a dry cool place and store there until the desired moment.
Purpose: For children
Main ingredient: Fruit / Grapes
Dish: Desserts / Syrup
- Grapes - 1.5-2 Kilograms
- Sugar - 1.5 Kilograms (per 1 liter of grape juice)
- Citric acid - 6 Grams