As a main course for lunch or dinner, I hasten to offer you an interesting idea - a recipe for cooking fish with cheese sauce with basil.
1. As for the choice of fish, there are no restrictions. The ideal option, of course, is to use salmon or pink salmon in this simple recipe with cheese sauce, but even a white fish fillet is perfect. The first step is to wash the fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Season with salt and pepper a little on all sides. You can use spices and seasonings for fish, but this will be superfluous for salmon.
3. Pour some oil into the pan and heat it up. Place the fish and fry over medium heat until soft. It is important not to overexpose red fish on fire so that it remains juicy and tender.
4. In parallel, you can start making the sauce. Send the cheese to a small saucepan and pour in some milk. Put on fire and heat a little. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Add a handful of grated hard cheese if desired.
5. Wash, dry and chop the basil.
6. Pour starch into the sauce, keep it on fire for just another minute, not letting it boil.
7. Add the basil and stir well. That's the whole simple option of how to cook fish with cheese sauce. Serve the dish immediately with your favorite side dish.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a banquet table
Main ingredient: Fish and seafood / Dairy products / Cheese / Red fish
Dish: Hot dishes
- Salmon - 400 Grams
- Basil - 1 Bunch
- Soft cheese - 200 grams (+ 100 grams of hard cheese if desired)
- Milk - 3-4 Art. spoons
- Cornstarch - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 To taste
- Pepper - 1 To taste
- Olive Oil - 1 Teaspoon