I bring to your attention a recipe for chic tandoor cakes from Uzbekistan. Real tandoor cakes are cooked in a special oven called "tandoor", hence the name.
1. I combine kefir with warm water and stir well. I add yeast, salt, vegetable oil and sifted flour there.
2. Now I knead until a homogeneous dough is obtained. Note that the dough should be elastic, but at the same time not very tight.
3. Cover the dough with a clean cotton towel and leave it in a warm place (for example, on the windowsill above the radiator) for an hour and a half to two hours. During this period of time, it should rise and double in volume. After that, the dough must be kneaded and divided into 4 equal parts.
4. I roll each part of the dough into a ball and spread it on a baking sheet, which I pre-grease with vegetable oil.
5. I cover the cakes with cling film and leave in this state for 15 minutes. During this time, they will rise a little more.
6. Then I form a product from each cake: I press the central part of the cake with my fingers, and leave the edges thick.
I take a fork and pierce the core of the cake several times.
7. I coat the cakes with the remaining kefir, lightly sprinkle with sesame seeds and send them to the oven, preheated to 220 degrees. I bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
The option of how to cook cakes in a tandoor is simple. I wish you all Bon appetit!
Purpose: For an afternoon snack
Main ingredient: Dough / Yeast dough
Dish: Baking / Flatbread
Cuisine geography: Tajik / Uzbek / Eastern
- Flour - 700 Grams
- Kefir - 1 Glass
- Warm water - 1 Glass
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Salt - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Dry yeast - 1 teaspoon
Number of Servings: 5-6