For all lovers of this traditional Russian cuisine snacks, I offer a very simple option, how to cook jellied meat from beef shank in a slow cooker. The appetizer turns out to be incredibly tasty.
This recipe for making beef shank aspic can be used not only for a multicooker, but also for a stove. However, with kitchen appliances, the process becomes easier.
1. First, prepare the meat portion, wash, peel and place in a bowl.
2. Rinse the onion under running water and send directly in the husk to the meat.
3. Peel the carrots and cut them in half.
4. Add spices. You can use not only bay leaves and allspice, but also other spices that you like in this simple recipe for beef shank jellied meat.
5. When all ingredients are in the bowl, fill with water up to the maximum mark.
6. In some models of multicooker ("Polaris", for example) there is a special program for cooking jellied meat. If yours does not have it, then set the "Extinguishing" mode for 7-8 hours (depending on the power).
7. After the end of the program, carefully remove the meat and disassemble.
8. Carrots, having cooled a little, cut into thin slices. You can make them curly if desired.
9. The broth must be filtered several times to remove the remaining spices and fat.
10. Put the meat into the prepared for solidification form, fill it with broth, distribute the carrot pieces.
11. For beauty, supplement the beef shank jellied meat at home with parsley leaves or other herbs.
12. The last stage is solidification. Gently send the form to the refrigerator and leave there overnight.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table / New Year / Christmas
Main ingredient: Meat / Beef
Dish: Snacks / Aspic
Cuisine geography: Russian cuisine
- Shank - 1 Piece
- Beef Tenderloin - 500 Grams
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces
- Garlic - 1-2 Cloves
- Allspice - 2-5 Pieces
- Salt - 1 To taste
- Carrots - 1 Piece