A rich, hearty and very tasty meat hodgepodge with cabbage at home is an excellent recipe for the whole family. Would you like to know how to prepare this dish? Remember, it's pretty simple.
1. It is best to use pork and beef in the recipe for cooking meat hodgepodge with cabbage, so that the broth is more rich and tasty. Wash the meat and place in a saucepan. Fill with water and send to fire. Simmer over medium heat, removing the foam, until the meat is tender.
2. Strain the finished broth, cool the meat a little and cut into small pieces.
3. Bring the broth to a boil again. Season with salt to taste.
4. Peel and dice the potatoes. Send to broth and simmer over medium heat.
5. Simultaneously heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
6. Peel the onion and cut into cubes.
7. Fry until transparent, then add cabbage to the pan.
8. After 20 minutes, add the finely chopped pickled cucumber.
9. Next you can put tomato paste in the pan. Mix everything gently and after a couple of minutes, transfer the entire contents to a saucepan with broth.
10. Fry the sliced meats in a separate skillet. Another ingredient that can complement the classic recipe for meat hodgepodge with cabbage is mushrooms. They must first be fried in a separate pan.
11. Place smoked meats in a saucepan, add salt and pepper to taste. Add boiled and chopped meat.
12. Cook for about 10 minutes, then remove from heat and leave covered for another 15-20 minutes.
That's the whole recipe for how to cook meat hodgepodge with cabbage. Before serving, you can add fresh herbs, olives and a slice of lemon to the dish.
Purpose: For lunch
Main ingredient: Meat / Vegetables / Cabbage
Dish: Soups / Solyanka
Cuisine geography: Russian cuisine
- Meat - 500 Grams (beef and pork)
- Sauerkraut - 300 Grams
- Pickled cucumber - 1-2 Pieces
- Smoked meats - 250 grams
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Potatoes - 3-5 Pieces
- Vegetable oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Pepper - 1 Pinch
- Mushrooms - 200 Grams (optional)