For lovers of "lazy" dishes, I suggest adopting this simple option, how to make a village-style hodgepodge with sausage. Hearty, tasty, mouth-watering - a great quick recipe.
1. Pour a little oil into a frying pan, heat it up.
2. Cut the sausages into thin slices and place in the pan. Fry a couple of minutes until golden brown, then transfer to a saucepan.
3. Add some more oil to the pan.
4. Put onion, cut into half rings, fry it until transparent.
5. Peel and grate carrots on a medium grater. Add to onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Afterwards, transfer the vegetables to the sausages.
7. In parallel, chop the cabbage finely, put it in a saucepan.
8. Add sour cream, tomato paste, and salt, pepper, and any other spices you like. You can add bay leaf to the recipe for making rustic hodgepodge with sausage for flavor.
9. Pour in some water and simmer over medium heat, covered for about 20-25 minutes (if the cabbage is finely chopped, if not, then until soft).
10. Add olives to the saucepan at the last moment, and after a couple of minutes remove from heat.
Here's a simple option for making a village-style hodgepodge with sausage at home.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main ingredient: Meat / Offal / Sausages
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: Russian cuisine
- Sausages - 400 Grams
- Cabbage - 0.5 Pieces
- Sour cream - 100 grams
- Spice Blend - To taste (+ salt)
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Tomato paste - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1 Piece