I want to tell you how to make a lean berry pie at home. In such an interesting way, I congratulated my mother on her birthday - he just got to the Post, so I replaced him with a cake!
I think you have not done this yet! When my mother's birthday got on the Fast, which she was observing, I was a little confused - what can she bake? It turned out that this vegan cake is also suitable for those who are fasting, but I personally had to look for all the ingredients for a long time. But the pie turned out to be delicious, and everyone liked the recipe for making a lean pie with berries! Try it too!
Purpose: For the festive table
Main ingredient: Berries / Cranberries / Flour
Dish: Baking / Pies
Cuisine geography: Russian cuisine
Diet: Lenten meals / Vegetarian food
- Flour - 1.5 Cups
- Starch - 0.5 Cups (and one more tablespoon - in the filling)
- Coconut oil - 3/4 Cup (preferably chilled, chopped into pieces)
- Berries - 4 Glasses (I have cranberries, but others will do)
- Maple syrup - 1 Glass (half - in the dough, half - in the filling. Can be replaced with honey)
- Cold water - 3 Art. spoons
- Cinnamon - 1/2 Tbsp. spoons
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
How to make Lean Berry Pie
1. The main thing in this cake is the crispy dough! We do it like this: put the coconut oil in the freezer, and in a bowl mix the flour and starch. Then add water and syrup and mix quickly. Then - butter cut into pieces. We knead with our hands quickly and powerfully, tossing and turning the dough. Rinse the berries and leave to dry. 2. Roll out the dough into a layer. We remove about a third to the side for now, and from the remaining dough we make a cake, lining the dough in a baking dish. Pour berries on top. 3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining maple syrup with lemon juice, cinnamon and 1 tbsp. starch. Mix until smooth, pour in the berries. We make identical hearts from the remains of the dough. 4. Put the hearts on top of the berries, and send them to bake for 40-50 minutes, until the top layer turns golden and the berry mixture begins to turn into jelly. Done!