All lovers of berry desserts may be interested in this very simple recipe for a shortcrust cake with black currant and airy filling. Very tasty, tender and incredibly appetizing!
This easy homemade blackcurrant shortcrust cake is the perfect combination of hearty and light baked goods. The cake is very crispy and the top is tender and juicy. The berries are best used both for baking and before serving, garnished on top.
Purpose: For children / For an afternoon snack / On a festive table
Main ingredient: Berries / Black currant / Dough / Shortcrust pastry / Currant
Dish: Baking / Pies
- Flour - 1.5 Cups
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Butter - 100 Grams
- Sugar - 200 grams (100 grams dough, 100 grams - filling)
- Egg - 2 Pieces
- Citrus Peel - 1 Teaspoon (optional)
- Corn starch - 1 tbsp the spoon
- Black currant - 300 Grams
How to make Blackcurrant Sand Pie
1. For a start it is worth doing the cake. Sift flour and baking powder into a deep bowl. Stir. 2. Carefully separate the yolks and add them to the dough (set aside the whites, we will need them). Add sugar, add butter. You can also add a little orange or lemon zest to the recipe for making a shortcrust cake with black currant for flavor. Stir everything well until smooth. 3. Place the dough in an ovenproof dish. Send it to the refrigerator for 20 minutes. 4. Then you need to preheat the oven and send the cake there for 15-25 minutes (depending on the volume of the mold and the thickness of the dough). The edges should be slightly browned. Remove the cake and let it cool slightly. 5. It's time to start filling. To do this, send the proteins with a pinch of salt into a deep bowl and beat. Add sugar and cornstarch. Beat the mass for at least 5 minutes,until dense peaks form. 6. Wash the berries and dry well with a paper towel. This homemade blackcurrant shortcrust cake will be served with fresh berries as a decoration, so only half is added to the filling. Mix gently.