I will share a new recipe! This time I will tell you how to make a Christmas balls salad! On the eve of the holidays, you often want to do something new - and this is your chance! Delicious, tender and satisfying!
This recipe for making New Year's balls salad suspiciously reminds me of our favorite classic salad Olivier - here both peas and potatoes … But at the same time, it tastes quite different, because cucumber and lemon juice add new colors to the salad. So try to treat these "balls" to your guests this year - they will appreciate it!
Purpose: For the festive table / New Year
Diet: Vegetarian food
- Potatoes - 300 Grams
- Canned peas - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Canned corn - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Pickled cucumber - 1 Piece
- Unsweetened yogurt - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Lemon juice - 0.5 Tbsp. spoons
- Mustard - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Hot paprika - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Carrots - 1 Piece (small)
- Canned pineapples - To taste (for garnish)
- Olives - To taste (for garnish)
- Greens - To taste (for garnish)
Number of Servings: 5-6
How to cook "Christmas balls salad"
1. Boil the potatoes and cool. Boil and cool the carrots in a separate saucepan. Strain the vegetables, if necessary, from the liquid. The less liquid gets into the salad, the better. Grind the mashed potatoes, adding salt and paprika. 2. Cut the cucumber into small squares, add to mashed potatoes, along with peas, corn and boiled carrots. Add a little bit of the wet ingredients so that you can control the thickness. 3. Stir, see if it is possible to mold balls from this mass. Usually at this stage I add a little more mayonnaise and sour cream, adding a little juice and mustard to them to taste. This is the consistency that comes out. 4. Sculpt balls, roll half of chopped greens, and decorate a few more with chopped pineapples. Add olives - and you're done!