I want to share with you a very simple idea of how to make forshmak in tartlets. This option of an affordable and tasty snack will not be overlooked. The appetizer is just made for holiday feasts!
1. Place the eggs in a small saucepan and place on the stove. Boil them hard boiled.
2. In parallel, you can do fish cleaning. The fillet must be separated from the seeds and skins. This must be done very carefully, not missing a single bone.
3. Remove the oil from the refrigerator beforehand so that it softens a little.
4. Wash the apple, peel it from the core and (if desired) the skin. Cut into 4-6 pieces.
5. Peel the onion.
6. Cool the boiled eggs, peel, cut into quarters.
7. To make the forshmak in tartlets at home more tender and homogeneous, it is best to use a blender. But if the equipment was not at hand, a meat grinder is quite suitable.
8. So, send herring fillet, apple, onion, egg and butter to the bowl. Beat everything several times until smooth.
9. Now send the finished filling to the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
That's the whole secret of how to cook forshmak in tartlets. It remains only to fill the baskets with filling before serving and sprinkle them with fresh chopped herbs for decoration.
A very tasty appetizer, although not appetizing for everyone. Try it!
Purpose: For a festive table / Inexpensive / Buffet
Main ingredient: Fish and seafood / Herring
Dish: Appetizers / Tartlets / Forshmak
Cuisine geography: Russian cuisine
- Lightly salted herring - 500 Grams
- Butter - 100 Grams
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Apple - 1 Piece
- Egg - 2 Pieces
- Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper - 1 Pinch
- Tartlets - 20 Pieces
- Greens - 1 Pinch
Number of Servings: 20