For dessert for tea or even for a festive table, I suggest you prepare meringue tartlets at home. Delicate, mouth-watering and very tasty, they just melt in your mouth.
1. The first step is to do the basket dough. Sift flour and 1 spoon of powdered sugar on the table.
2. Cut the cold butter into small cubes with a knife and place on top. Combine flour and butter with a knife so that you get a homogeneous crumb.
3. Add salt and beaten egg yolks. Stir.
4. For a uniform consistency, pour in 2-4 tablespoons of ice water, knead the dough. Cover it quickly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about half an hour.
5. Next, roll out the dough on a floured surface, cut out circles corresponding to the size of the molds in which the meringue tartlets will be baked at home.
6. Put the dough into molds and refrigerate again for 15-20 minutes.
7. Make punctures at the bottom with a fork and set the weight - sprinkle some peas or beans on a piece of parchment, for example.
8. Send the molds to the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Then remove the weighting agents, and leave the baskets to brown for another 10 minutes.
9. Whisk the cooled egg whites with powdered sugar into a dense foam.
10. Place in slightly cooled baskets and return to the oven to bake.
That's the whole secret of how to make meringue tartlets. If you want, you can add fruit cream or fresh berries to the recipe, for example.
Enjoy your meal!
Purpose: For a festive table / Buffet
Main ingredient: Dough
Dish: Desserts / Snacks / Tartlets
- Flour - 1 Glass
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Powdered sugar - 120 Grams
- Butter - 120 Grams
- Yolks - 2 Pieces
- Proteins - 4 Pieces
Number of Servings: 16