On the festive table, this dish is classic and traditional for many. I propose to add a little twist to it and tell you how to cook herring under a fur coat with fried onions.
1. Frankly speaking, the recipe for cooking herring under a fur coat with fried onions practically does not differ from the classic version.
Wash potatoes, beets, and carrots. Put them in a saucepan and boil until tender.
2. Hard boil the eggs, cool and peel.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet.
4. Peel the onion, cut it into small cubes. Place in a skillet and fry until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Cool vegetables, peel them.
6. Separately grate potatoes, beets and carrots.
7. Dice herring fillets and place on the bottom of a serving plate. Brush with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
8. Spread the fried onions evenly on top.
9. Put potatoes on top, salt to taste and brush with mayonnaise.
10. Next, carrots, again with salt and mayonnaise.
11. Grate eggs and distribute on top.
12. The top and last layer will be beets. Press on top with wet hands, then brush with a thick layer of mayonnaise.
Send the plate to the refrigerator to let the salad soak for at least 1-1.5 hours. Here is such a simple option, how to cook a herring under a fur coat with fried onions.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table / New Year
Main ingredient: Fish and seafood / Vegetables / Herring
- Light-salted herring - 500 grams (fillet)
- Potatoes - 4 Pieces
- Beets - 1-2 Pieces
- Carrots - 1-2 Pieces
- Egg - 4-5 Pieces
- Onion - 2 Pieces
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Mayonnaise - 200 Grams
- Salt - To taste