I am sharing with you a recipe for making a velvet cake at home. I am sure that you will not be left indifferent by the taste and rich color of this classic cake! Try it, it's easy!
This classic velvet cake recipe is from a chef friend of mine. They order this cake in their restaurant very often, so it became interesting for me to please my guests at the holiday with such a delicious and elegant cake. It turned out really delicious, it is original even without any additives like nuts or other confectionery products. Try it and see!
Purpose: For the party table
Main ingredient: Dairy products / Cheese / Butter / Cream cheese
Dish: Baking / Cakes / Sponge cake
- Cocoa Powder - 50 Grams
- Boiling water - 50 grams
- Sour cream - 200 Grams
- Flour - 450 Grams
- Sugar - 3 Glasses (half in dough, half in cream)
- Cream cheese - 5 Glasses (not salted; can be substituted with grated cottage cheese)
- Fat Cream - 3 Glasses
- Balon Cream - 2 Glasses (ready-made whipped cream)
- Red food coloring - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Butter - 6 Tbsp. spoons
- Eggs - 3 Pieces
- Vanillin - 1 Teaspoon
- Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Wine vinegar - 1 tbsp. spoon (for extinguishing soda)
How to make "Velvet cake"
1. Let's make the dough first. In boiling water we dissolve the dye and half of all the sugar, mix. Add cocoa powder here, mix. Add butter - it will just start to melt, beaten eggs (introduced in a thin stream), sour cream and slaked soda. Let's mix. Add vanilla to this and add a little flour, stirring constantly. 2. We bake like a regular biscuit - bake in a well-heated oven for about half an hour, until a dry toothpick. 3. While the cake is cooling, make a cream. To do this, beat the cream cheese and cream with a mixer until smooth, then add the whipped cream and sugar, mix again. We grease the whole cake with this lush cream 4. The correct velvet cake should be coated with white cream on all sides so that the cream is as thick as possible. Leave the cake in the fridge for an hour, or more. 5. And this beauty turns out!Bon appetit to you and your guests!