Sourdough Olive Bread - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Sourdough Olive Bread - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
If you've never made olive bread before, be sure to check out this recipe and bake one! It turns out to be incredibly healthy thanks to the sourdough and olive oil, and no less tasty.
I recently learned how to make sourdough olive bread, the most flavorful I have ever made! Prepared according to this recipe, the bread is not only tender and airy, but also moist enough inside. Moreover, such bread can be stored for 3-4 days, it does not stale and remains as tasty. You can use either wheat or rye starter as a starter starter. In any case, the bread will not lose its special taste and aroma.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For an afternoon snack / Inexpensive
Main ingredient: Cereals / Flour / Semolina / Sourdough
Dish: Baking / Bread
Diet: Lean dishes
- White wheat flour - 800 grams (200 g - in the leaven, 600 g - in the dough)
- Room temperature water - 430 grams (200 g - in the leaven, 230 g - in the dough)
- Semolina - 25 Grams
- Sourdough (dough) - 400 Grams
- Olive Oil - 50 Grams
- Salt - 12 Grams
- Starter culture - 1-2 Art. spoons
How to make Sourdough Olive Bread
1. Prepare the dough: put the starter starter in a bowl, add water and mix thoroughly. Add flour, stir. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave at room temperature for 8 hours. 2. Dilute the starter with water and add semolina and sifted flour. Stir the dough in the kneader for 1 minute at 1 speed, then let the dough rest for 30-40 minutes without opening the lid. 3. Then add salt and vegetable oil, knead it for 5-6 minutes at 2 speeds. Put the finished dough in a bowl greased with vegetable oil and round. 4. Turn the dough over, cover with plastic wrap and leave for 3-4 hours at room temperature. Stretch the dough by grabbing one end of it, pulling it out as much as possible, and folding it over to the opposite side of the bowl. 5. Turn the dough over, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a bowl for the remaining time. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Round, flour and place seam side up in a bowl sprinkled with rice flour. 6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave for 1-2 hours at room temperature. Transfer the bread carefully to the parchment. Shake off excess flour, make a few crosswise notches, sprinkle the bread with water.