Pea Pate - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Pea Pate - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Pâté can be made not only from meat, but also from vegetables! In this recipe, you'll learn how to make Pea Pâté, a protein-rich dish that makes a great addition to sandwiches.
Making a pate has never been easier. You just need to boil the peas, grind them with a blender, add spices to taste and leave in the refrigerator overnight - and an incredibly healthy and tasty dish is already on your table! The pate is perfect as an appetizer, as an addition to sandwiches, salads, and will serve as an independent dish. Vegetable oil is indicated in the recipe, but I strongly recommend that you use olive oil, thanks to which the taste of the pate becomes much richer.
Purpose: For breakfast / For a banquet table / Inexpensive / Buffet
Main ingredient: Vegetables / Legumes / Peas / Beetroot / Garlic
Dish: Snacks / Pates
Diet: Lenten dishes / Vegetarian food
- Yellow Peas - 1 Cup
- Water - 3 Glasses
- Garlic - 3 Cloves
- Vegetable oil - 50 Milliliters
- Freshly squeezed beet juice - 2-3 tbsp. spoons
- Ground coriander - 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Dried marjoram - 0.5 Teaspoons
How to cook "Pea pate"
1. Pour the peas into a colander, rinse well under running water and place in a pressure cooker bowl. Pour 3 cups of cold water over. Cook in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes. 2. If you are not cooking in a pressure cooker, first fill the peas with water and leave for 5-6 hours, then drain, rinse the peas and cover with cold water. Simmer over low heat for 40-90 minutes (depending on which peas you have). 3. Without cooling, mix the pea mixture with a blender, add chopped garlic, ground coriander, nutmeg, dried marjoram. Add vegetable oil and beet juice. 4. Season with salt and mix again with a blender. Lubricate the container for the pate well with vegetable oil and pour the pea mixture into it. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy your meal!