Moose Meat In The Oven - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Moose Meat In The Oven - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Elk is tender, soft and dietary meat, especially when compared to venison, which is tougher and takes longer to cook. I am telling you how to cook moose meat in the oven.
Since the meat is not very fatty, when baking it must be wrapped in bacon, then you will get a tender and juicy dish. You can use fresh or dried herbs. The meat can be marinated beforehand. I used a tender tenderloin, when baked inside, it remains a little pinkish. In the same way, you can bake beef or pork tenderloin, only the baking time will be different.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a banquet table / Birthday
Main ingredient: Meat / Vegetables / Garlic / Offal / Bacon / Herbs / Rosemary
Dish: Hot dishes
- Elk tenderloin - 0.5 Kilogram
- Garlic - 4 Cloves
- Fresh rosemary - 2 pieces (twigs)
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Ground black pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- Bacon - 6 Slices
How to cook "Moose meat in the oven"
1. Wash the meat, wipe it with paper towels. Grease a baking dish with vegetable oil, lay out the meat and rub it on both sides with olive oil, salt and pepper. Top with chopped garlic and rosemary. 2. Since the meat is lean, wrap it gently in thick slices of bacon. Send the meat to an oven preheated to 260 degrees for 10 minutes, then turn off the oven, but do not take out the meat for another 10 minutes (the internal temperature should reach 60 degrees). 3. Remove from oven and cover the meat with foil, leave for another 10-15 minutes. Remove the bacon slices and cut the tenderloin into slices. Enjoy your meal!