Butter Bagels With Sesame Seeds - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Butter Bagels With Sesame Seeds - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
I recently learned how to make sesame bagels, extraordinarily airy baked goods! Such bagels can be baked with a filling, or you can simply sprinkle with sesame seeds, it will still turn out delicious.
Since there is no need to add a lot of sugar to the dough during cooking, such bagels can be served with any savory dish, be it soup or meat. Also, such bagels can be poured with syrup, jam, jam and served with coffee or tea as a sweet treat. Thanks to the wheat sourdough, baked goods are much healthier than yeast ones. You can substitute sunflower seeds or caraway seeds for sesame seeds. In any case, the pastries will be delicious.
Purpose: For breakfast / For an afternoon snack / Inexpensive
Main ingredient: Dairy products / Flour / Eggs / Seeds / Sesame
Dish: Pastries / Bagels
- White wheat flour - 580 grams (130 g - in the leaven, 450 g - in the dough)
- Water at room temperature - 170 grams (130 g - in the leaven, 40 g - in the dough)
- Soft butter - 70 grams
- Opara - 260 Grams
- Egg - 3 Pieces
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Ground cardamom - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Starter culture - 1-2 Art. spoons
- Sesame - To taste
How to make Sesame Butter Bagels
1. Prepare the dough: put the starter starter in a bowl, add water and mix thoroughly. Add flour, stir. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave at room temperature for 8 hours. 2. Pour the starter culture into a mixing bowl, add water, eggs, sugar, salt, ground cardamom and soft butter. Add sifted flour and knead the dough on 2 speeds for 5-6 minutes. 3. Round the finished dough, put in a bowl greased with vegetable oil and cover with plastic wrap. Leave at room temperature for 3 hours. Place the dough on a floured work surface. 4. Divide the dough into 12 pieces and dust them with flour. Give each part the shape of a bun and mash into a cake. Brush the cake with vegetable oil, sprinkle with white and black sesame seeds. 5. Roll the cakes into a roll, secure the seam and shape into a bagel. Place the bagels on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes. 6. Brush bagels with egg or black tea. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 35 minutes. Cool the bagels on a baking sheet. Enjoy your meal!