Tartin (bread) - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Tartin (bread) - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
In this recipe, I will explain in detail how to make tartin (bread) as it is very difficult to bake. This bread is best prepared when you have already gotten used to simpler recipes.
This bread really turns out to be special: a very thin but crispy crust, combined with an airy and at the same time elastic crumb, is worth making this bread. Few people succeed in it the first time, but the main thing to remember is that it is imperative to carefully crush the dough, otherwise air will come out of it and it will not rise in the oven. It is also important to place the bread in a preheated pan and cover it with a hot lid to allow the bread to rise evenly.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For an afternoon snack
Main ingredient: Flour / Sourdough
Dish: Baking / Bread
- Wheat flour, premium grade - 500 grams (50 g in the leaven, 450 g in the dough)
- Warm water - 425 grams (50 g in the leaven, 375 g in the dough)
- Whole Grain Wheat Flour - 50 Grams
- Salt - 10 Grams
- Rye starter - 1 tbsp. the spoon
How to cook "Tartin (bread)"
1. Prepare the starter: mix the starter with water and flour, mix well and cover with foil. Leave at room temperature overnight. The leaven is ready when it floats in the water. 2. Dilute the starter with water (leave 25 ml) and transfer to a larger bowl. Add premium wheat flour and whole grain flour. Stir with your hands until smooth and leave at room temperature for 35 minutes, covering the dough with plastic wrap. 3. Add the remaining water and salt. Stir until the dough is smooth. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for another 30 minutes. 4. Transfer the dough to a greased dish with vegetable oil. Every 30 minutes for 2.5 hours, fold the dough: gently pull out one edge of the dough and fold back, turn the bowl 1/4 and repeat. 5. Finally, turn the dough over,Line slightly and cover for 30 minutes before folding again. Place the dough on a floured work surface. Round the dough very carefully with a scraper, then pull the edges of the dough to the middle with your hands, but do not press. 6. Flip the dough seam side down and round. Cover the dough for 30 minutes. Shape it by turning the dough over with the smooth side down, then stretch it very gently and fold it in thirds twice. Turn the dough over and round again.then stretch it very gently and fold it in thirds twice. Turn the dough over and round again.then stretch it very gently and fold it in thirds twice. Turn the dough over and round again.