Fried Pies With Cabbage - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Fried Pies With Cabbage - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
When you want something tasty, satisfying and uncomplicated, classic recipes for savory pastries come to the rescue. One of these options, quite simple and always successful, I want to offer you.
I want to show you how to make fried cabbage pies. In this case, for a change, a pre-boiled chicken is also added to the filling, but you can not put it. When stewing vegetables, you can add not only tomato paste or sauce for color, but also adjika, for example, or other hot sauce for piquancy. Pies are a great option for a hearty snack at home or outdoors.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For an afternoon snack
Main ingredient: Vegetables / Cabbage / Dough
Dish: Pastries / Pies / Filled
dishes Cuisine geography: Russian cuisine
- Milk - 350 Milliliters
- Butter - 110 Grams
- Egg - 3 Pieces
- Sour cream - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Sugar - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Dry Yeast - 2 Teaspoons
- Flour - 5.5-6 Cups
- Carrots - 1-2 Pieces
- Cabbage - 1 Piece (small)
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Tomato paste - 1-2 tbsp. spoons (or sauce)
- Salt and Pepper - To taste
- Vegetable oil - To taste (for frying)
- Chicken - 300-400 Grams (optional)
Number of Servings: 15-20
How to cook "Fried Cabbage Pies"
1. If you have a bread maker, you can entrust the dough kneading process to it. To begin with, beat eggs with warm milk, melted butter, sour cream in a deep bowl. Pour into the bottom. 2. Add sugar, salt, sifted flour and top with yeast. That's it, turn on the dough kneading program. 3. Finely chop a small head of cabbage and put in a pan with heated vegetable oil. Fry for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. 4. Peel and chop the onion, grate the carrots. Place in a separate skillet and fry until soft. Chop the chicken if using. Add to the cabbage, then add the fried onions and carrots. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add tomato sauce, pasta, or even ketchup. Leave to simmer over low heat until soft. 5. When the dough fits well and the filling has cooled down,you can start sculpting pies. Pinch off a piece of dough, shape into a cake and place some filling in the center. 6. Gently seal the edges.