Something I often began to cook rice and completely forgot about other cereals. Some have long been lost on the kitchen shelves. And I decided to fix it. I took out the barley, and then I found an unusual recipe. Read on!
The recipe turned out to be unusual, I would never have thought of such a combination. But it worked. It turned out really tasty and satisfying. After reading about how to make soup with barley and broccoli, you will see for yourself. It is interesting that almost all the ingredients of the dish are cooked separately, and only then they turn into a single whole.
Purpose: For lunch
Main ingredient: Vegetables / Broccoli
- Broccoli - 2 Pieces (stem)
- Barley - 150 Grams (boiled)
- Olive Oil - 80 Milliliters
- Beef Broth - 500 Milliliters
- Salt - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Parsley - 1-2 Pieces (twig)
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Parmesan - To taste
How to make Barley Broccoli Soup
1. Rinse the broccoli and then remove the stem. Peel off the tough skin from it. Cut it into small pieces. Boil 3 liters of water and salt in a saucepan. Then add pieces of the stem to it. Cook for 2 minutes. Bring water to a boil again and cook broccoli for 1 minute. Then take out the broccoli and leave the water for later. Puree the stems, adding salt water as needed. 2. Then heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add chopped garlic to it. Fry it until golden brown. Then add broccoli inflorescences. Cook everything together for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. 3. Then in a saucepan, combine the puree with broth and boiled barley. Bring the soup to a simmer over medium heat. 4. Then add broccoli and salt to your soup to taste. Serve the Parmesan dish. Enjoy your meal!