Vertical "Medovik" - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
If you like to treat your family and friends with homemade desserts and pastries, if you are not afraid of difficulties, I advise you to cook this delicious cake with a light caramel taste.
Are you tired of ordinary, classic cakes and want to try something new and please your family with another masterpiece prepared by yourself? So this recipe is for you. After all, it is from it that you will learn how to make a vertical "Honey cake" and this cake will amaze everyone with its taste and appearance. You will have to spin - after all, the cakes must be rolled out very, very thinly and quickly cut while they are hot. But you can make it easier - divide the dough into 15-16 pieces, roll each into a strip of the desired width (the width of all strips should be the same, but the length is optional) and cut off immediately, and only then bake. Well, are we cooking?:)
Purpose: For the festive table
Main ingredient: Dairy products / Cheese / Flour / Butter / Sour cream / Eggs / Cream / Honey / Mascarpone
Dish: Baking / Cakes
- Wheat flour - 380 grams
- Butter - 160 Grams (110 - for dough, 50 - for caramel)
- Sugar - 210 Grams (100 - for dough, 110 - for caramel)
- Eggs - 150 Grams (2 large, or 3 small)
- Honey - 70 Grams (better liquid)
- Sour cream 30% - 500-600 grams
- Cream - 80 grams (33-35% fat)
- Cream cheese - 120 Gram
- Powdered sugar - 70-80 Grams
- Soda - 9 Grams (teaspoon)
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
How to cook "Vertical Honey cake"
1. First of all, let's cook the caramel for the cream. Pour sugar (110 grams) into a thick-walled saucepan and heat a little more than medium on fire. When it starts to acquire a golden color from below, stir it with a wooden spatula until the grains dissolve. 2. Add melted butter (50 grams) and cream, warmed up to 50 degrees. Stir vigorously over low heat until all ingredients are fully combined. You can add a pinch of salt. 3. Cool the resulting caramel. 4. Now let's prepare the caramel for the dough. In the same way as in the first step, melt the remaining sugar (100 grams), add honey and stir. And add melted butter (110 grams). Stir vigorously until smooth and then cool to about 50 degrees. 5. Into the cooled caramel mass (if you have formed pieces of caramel,strain the mass through a strainer) add the eggs and whisk and mix until smooth. 6. Add soda slaked with lemon juice and mix.