Danish Brown Cookies - Step By Step Recipe With Photos
Table of contents:
Video: Danish Brown Cookies - Step By Step Recipe With Photos
How do we get used to making cookies? Knead the dough, then divide it into pieces and bake in the oven. But in this recipe, the last 2 steps are reversed. Is it possible? Sure!
First, you need to read about how to make Danish brown biscuits. In texture, it is somewhat reminiscent of sorbet with nuts, so after baking it is calmly cut into portions. And in color it is exactly the same, from this and its name. The baked goods taste bright thanks to the spices.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack
Main ingredient: Dairy products / Nuts / Dough
Dish: Baking / Cookies / Sweet
Cuisine geography: Danish / European
- Butter - 250 Grams
- Brown Sugar - 250 Grams
- Sugar Syrup - 125 Grams
- Wheat flour - 500 grams
- Almonds - 150 Grams
- Pistachios - 25 Grams (peeled)
- Ground cinnamon - 3 Teaspoons
- Ground ginger - 2 Teaspoons
- Potash - 2 Teaspoons
- Cold water - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Ground cloves - 1 teaspoon
- Allspice - 1 Teaspoon
How to make Danish Brown Cookies
1. Combine butter, sugar syrup and sugar in a saucepan. Bring the ingredients until completely melted. 2. At the same time, combine flour with cinnamon, allspice, cloves and ginger in a deep bowl. In another dish, dissolve the potash in water. 3. Then add the nuts to the dry mixture. Mix everything. 4. Now mix all 3 mixtures: potash, flour and butter. Pour the finished dough into a deep rectangular baking dish with parchment paper. Leave the dough at room temperature for 8-12 hours. 5. Then send it to bake in the oven for 11 minutes at 180 degrees. 6. Cool the finished baked goods, and then cut into small pieces. Have a nice tea!