Texas Steak - Step By Step Recipe With Photos
Table of contents:
Texas is a hot American state inhabited by cowboys and tough men who love to saddle a horse and eat a good piece of meat. Therefore, in their kitchen there are recipes for real juicy steaks.
Everything is important in such a dish: serving, side dish, taste, texture. So be careful! You should repeat all the steps exactly, then it will definitely come out delicious. To do this, learn how to make a Texas-style steak with toast, gravy, mashed potatoes and red onions. Great dish for a restaurant-grade dinner.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main ingredient: Meat / Vegetables / Beef / Beef tenderloin
Dish: Hot dishes / Steak
Cuisine geography: American
- Potatoes - 360 Grams
- Sour cream - 60 Grams
- Butter - 30 Grams
- Red table wine - 60 Milliliters
- Green onions - 2 Pieces (feather)
- Steak Meat - 2 Pieces (beef)
- Red onions - 1 Piece
- Toast Bread - 2 Slices
- Demiglas sauce - 2 Teaspoons
- Paprika - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Salt - To taste
- Ground black pepper - To taste
- Olive Oil - 6 Teaspoons
- Water - 60 Milliliters
How to make a Texas steak
1. Prepare the ingredients. Cut the potatoes into wedges. Chop green onions at an angle, and onions - in half rings. Rub the steaks with salt and pepper. 2. Then bring the potatoes to a boil in cold water and then cook for 16-17 minutes. Then add salt, pepper, sour cream and butter to it. Mash the mixture. 3. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet. Fry the steak in them on each side for 5 minutes until brown. Then let the meat rest for 5 minutes, then wrap it in foil. 4. At the same time, cut the bread into 4 pieces. Brush each one with oil, salt and pepper. Bake the toast in the oven at 180 degrees for 8 minutes. 5. Pour oil into a saucepan and add onions. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 7 minutes. Next, add wine and paprika to it. Cook for 2 more minutes.Then pour in the mixture of water and sauce. Bring everything to a boil and simmer for another 3 minutes. Finally, add salt and pepper to taste. 6. Serve the steak by cutting it into pieces, top with the onion and pour the sauce over the meat. Place the toast and mashed potatoes with green onions on a platter. Enjoy your meal!