Piti (Azerbaijani Soup) - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Piti (Azerbaijani Soup) - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Piti is a traditional Azerbaijani soup. Thick, aromatic, very intense. The soup is not cooked on the stove, but languishes in the oven, so it is very easy to prepare.
The recipe is traditional, so I recommend following it exactly. The only thing is that lamb can be replaced with beef.
And you can serve such a soup with sour cream, it will be very tasty!
Purpose: For lunch
Main ingredient: Meat / Lamb
Cuisine geography: Azerbaijani / Caucasian
- Lamb - 1 Kilogram (on the bone)
- Chickpeas - 100 Grams
- Dried Tomatoes - 100 Grams
- Dried cherry plum - 100 grams (or prunes)
- Potatoes - 3 Pieces
- Onions - 1 Piece
- Zira - 1-2 Pinch (to taste)
- Fresh mint - 1-2 Pieces (twigs; or take dried)
- Salt - 1-2 pinches (to taste)
- Ground black pepper - 1-2 pinches (to taste)
- Fresh Cilantro - 1 Bunch
- Sumac - 1-2 Pinch (to taste)
- Garlic - 1-2 Cloves
How to cook "Piti (Azerbaijani soup)"
1. Rinse the chickpeas and soak for a couple of hours in plenty of water. Then drain the water. 2. Peel potatoes, onions and garlic and cut into large enough pieces. 3. Place the chickpeas first in a heatproof pot. 4. Cut the lamb into pieces. I have a leg of lamb, but any part can be used. 5. Place the meat on top of the chickpeas. 6. Arrange the potatoes and onions.