Lard Roll With Skin - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
When choosing lard for a recipe, pay special attention to the softness of the skin: the hard will not become softer after baking, so choose the tender one immediately. There is an abundance of spices, garlic and carrots. It will be delicious!
Buy fat for a roll thin (thickness not more than 1.5 cm), otherwise it will be difficult to roll it up. Process well, scrape the skin with a knife, wash from all sides. Salt can be salted in advance, sprinkled with salt and left in the refrigerator overnight. But I prefer to cook from fresh, it is softer and more tender, easy to curl. In the process, I will tell you how to salt and what to do. See how to make a lard roll with skin and try it, my family likes it, especially if you eat it with black bread and green onions. Good luck!
Purpose: For lunch / For a festive table / Inexpensive
Main ingredient: Meat / Offal / Lard
Dish: Snacks / Filled
dishes Cuisine geography: Russian cuisine
- Thin lard - 1 Kilogram
- Chicken fillet - 250 Gram
- Carrots - 1 Piece (large)
- Garlic - 7-8 Cloves
- Red pepper - 0.5 teaspoons (ground)
- Black pepper - 0.5 Teaspoons (ground)
- Ground paprika - 0.5-1 Teaspoons
- Coriander - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Thyme - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Salt - 3 Teaspoons
How to cook "Lard roll with skin"
1. Prepare the necessary spices, lard, meat and carrots. It is better to take lard with a rectangular piece or square, trim the edges. 2. Sprinkle the prepared bacon with salt (3 tsp will be enough) on both sides and leave for 2-3 hours. Then just scrape off the excess salt with a knife, you don't need to wash the fat. 3. Prepare a set of spices, grind everything, grind in a mortar. Combine spices with minced garlic. Rub the lard. 4. Peel the carrots, wash, and grate for Korean carrots. Spread over the surface of the bacon. Retreat 5 cm from the edge, lay out the chopped chicken fillet. 5. Twist the roll as tightly as possible, fix with a thread. 6. There are several options for preparing this roll: in a saucepan in cling film, in an oven in a sleeve or foil. I decided to do it in foil, wrapped the roll with foil several times and sent it to the hot oven for 90 minutes,temperature - 160-180 degrees.