American Cabbage Salad - Step By Step Recipe With Photos
Table of contents:
Video: American Cabbage Salad - Step By Step Recipe With Photos
Simple, beautiful and healthy autumn-winter salad. It is prepared very quickly and simply, and a delicious, slightly spicy dressing gives a special piquancy to the salad. A recipe for both the holiday and everyday life!
Great salad for cauliflower and broccoli lovers. It is prepared very simply and quickly enough, but it turns out to be very tasty and, if you reduce the amount of mayonnaise, it is also very useful. The salad is great for a regular lunch or dinner, as well as for a festive table. Cooking!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a party table / In a hurry
Main ingredient: Vegetables / Broccoli / Cabbage / Onion / Cauliflower
Dish: Salads / Salted
Geography of cuisine: American
- Broccoli - 100 Grams
- Cauliflower - 100 Grams
- Red onion - 1 Piece (medium size)
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Soy sauce - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Mustard - 1 Teaspoon (to taste)
- Ground paprika - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Ground black pepper - 1/3 Teaspoons
- Salt - 0.5 Teaspoons (to taste)
- Vinegar 9% - 1 Teaspoon
How to make American Cole Salad
1. Disassemble-cut broccoli and cauliflower into small inflorescences. You can use raw cabbage for salad, but I prefer it a little softer in the salad. Therefore, I pour boiling water over the cabbage for 5 minutes. 2. You can use any onion for the salad, I chose the red one for the colorfulness:) Cut the onion into thin quarter rings and fill it with boiling water, add vinegar and leave for 5 minutes. 3. For dressing, mix mayonnaise (you can add a little kefir or natural yogurt), mustard, soy sauce, salt, pepper and paprika. Prepare the sauce to your liking by increasing or decreasing the proportions of the ingredients. 4. Dry the cabbage and onions as much as possible. Put in a bowl and add half of the dressing sauce. Stir and let stand for about 10 minutes. 5. Then add the remaining dressing, stir and serve.