Grapefruit Muffins - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Grapefruit is not often used for baking, it has a characteristic tart-bitter taste that not everyone will like. I will share with you a recipe for making muffins with grapefruit.
If before you only ate grapefruit for breakfast, for those who monitor the figure or health, now you can use it for baking. Add the juice and zest to the dough, then make the zest and sugar crumb and sprinkle on the still-raw baked goods. The result is fragrant muffins with a light citrus flavor.
Purpose: For lunch / For children / For an afternoon snack
Main ingredient: Fruit / Grapefruit / Dairy products / Kefir / Dough / Butter
Dish: Baking / Muffins / Sweet
- Butter - 120 Grams
- Sugar - 1.5 Glasses
- Eggs - 2 Pieces
- Buttermilk (low-fat kefir) - 3/4 Cup
- Grapefruit zest - 3 Tbsp. spoons
- Grapefruit juice - 0.5 cups
- Vanilla extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Flour - 2 Glasses
- Baking powder - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Pinch
How to make "Grapefruit Muffins"
1. Wash the grapefruit, rub the zest and squeeze out the juice. 2. Put butter and 1 cup sugar in a bowl, whisk it together. 3. Separate the yolks from the whites, add only the yolks to the butter. 4. Add juice and 1.5 tablespoons of grapefruit zest and vanilla extract. 5. In a separate bowl, combine the flour with salt, baking powder, and baking soda. 6. Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients in several portions, stirring well.