Onion Snacks - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
One of the best natural appetizers to go with light and dark beers. Served as a hot dish in many pubs. Making onion snacks at home is easy.
With onion rings, everything is usually simple: they are dipped in batter and fried in a large amount of oil. The result is not always happy, and frying in batches is tiring. Everything can be done easier and the result is always stable: very crispy crust, very tender flesh. The crispiness always comes out right thanks to the potato chips. This is the only thing in which I allow myself to use this not healthy industrial product. But the result is worth it.
Purpose: Lunch / Dinner / Outdoors
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Onions / Flour / Eggs
Dish: Snacks / Breaded Dishes
- Bulb onions - 250-300 grams
- Flour - 50 Grams
- Egg - 1 Piece
- Ground red pepper - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt, pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salted crackers - 30 pieces
- Mustard - 4 Art. spoons
- Vegetable oil - 50 Milliliters
- Potato Chips - 100 Grams
How to cook "Onion Snacks"
1. Prepare all the ingredients you need for making onion snacks on your work surface. This makes cooking quick and easy. 2. Using a food processor, grind the crackers and chips into crumbs in a few pulses. 3. Cut the onion into rings and set aside. Sift flour into a second container. Beat eggs separately, add whey and mustard. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. 4. Dip each ring first in flour, then in egg mixture. When the liquid is gone, dip the rings in salted crumbs and bake them on a baking sheet in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.