Tikka Masala - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Tikka Masala - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Tikka Masala - a dish of Indian cuisine, pieces (tikka) of fried chicken with curry in a juicy red or orange sauce based on tomatoes and peppers. The sauce is usually creamy and slightly spicy.
The history of the origin of this dish is controversial. The dish is indeed Indian food, but some argue that the dish appeared in the first Indian restaurants in London's Soho borough in the 1970s. And Rahul Verma (a street food expert from Delhi), stated that the dish originated (perhaps by accident, with subsequent improvisation) in the Punjab in the last 50 years.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For children
Main ingredient: Poultry / Chicken / Chicken fillet
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: Indian / Eastern
- Chicken meat (fillet) - 700 Grams
- Garam Massala - 1.5 Teaspoons (or cook it yourself)
- Tomatoes - 4 Pieces
- Red bell pepper - 1 Piece
- Lemon - 1 Piece
- Vegetable oil - 100 Milliliters
- Cream 10-15% - 200 Milliliters
- Meat broth - 250 Milliliters
- Onion - 1 Piece
How to cook "Tikka Masala"
1. Cut the chicken into small pieces. First you need to remove all coarse veins and films, remnants of bones in the meat, 2. Place the meat in a bowl. Remove the zest from the lemon. Squeeze out the juice. Add juice and zest to the meat. Add salt and pepper to the meat. Stir and refrigerate for 30 minutes. 3. You can buy ready-made spice Garam Massala, or you can cook it yourself. Put fresh ginger in the chopper (I took candied fruit from ginger), allspice 3-5 peas, cloves 3-4 buds, bay leaf 1 pc, ground chaman 0.5 tsp, turmeric 1 tsp. Grind all specified spices in a coffee grinder or grinder. 4. Finely chop the tomatoes and bell peppers. 5. Peel and dice the onions. Fry it in vegetable oil until golden brown. Remove the onion completely from the pan, and leave the oil in which it was fried. 6.In the same pan, add a little vegetable oil, fry the chicken.