Classic Potato Salad - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Classic Potato Salad - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Making potato salad is not difficult at all. You will find different recipes using smoked meats or just vegetable. Here's my recipe for a classic potato salad.
In many countries, this salad is considered their own. Potato salad is easy to prepare, affordable and cheap. It can be served without a side dish as it is filling and nutritious. You can make a salad dressing based on sour cream, mayonnaise or mustard. This potato salad is worth eating cold and is especially tasty if left to stand for several hours before serving.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main ingredient: Vegetables / Potatoes / Cucumber / Eggs
- Potatoes - 1/3 Kilogram
- Canned cucumbers - 3-4 pieces
- Celery stalk - 2 Pieces
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Eggs - 4 Pieces
- Mayonnaise - 2 Glasses
- Mustard - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Vinegar - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Salt, black pepper - To taste
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Parsley - To taste
How to make the Classic Potato Salad
1. Cut onion, celery stalk, small canned cucumbers into small cubes. Place vegetables in a bowl and stir. 2. Boil the potatoes in their skins, then peel them and cut into slices or half rings. 3. Put mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, a little chopped parsley in a bowl, mix. 4. Boil eggs hard-boiled, cut them into small pieces. Put eggs and potatoes in a bowl with vegetables, add dressing. 5. Gently stir the salad, add salt and pepper to taste. Better send it overnight in the refrigerator or leave for at least 2-3 hours. 6. Garnish the prepared salad with parsley or other herbs before serving.