Hearty and tasty lean vegetable salad with a fragrant mustard and wine vinegar dressing. Enjoy a vegetarian recipe for how to make a mustard lentil salad.
An excellent vegetarian dish that many will love. The salad can be served warm or after cooling. It can be served instead of a vegetable side dish for meat or fish. Add fresh herbs to the salad: parsley, dill, or green onions.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main ingredient: Vegetables / Legumes / Carrots / Turnips / Lentils / Mustard
Dish: Salads / Side dishes
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Turnip - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 230 Grams
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 1 Clove
- Ground cloves - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Lentils - 1 Glass
- Water - 4 Glasses
- Red Wine Vinegar - 1/4 Cup
- Mustard - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Salt - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Ground black pepper - To taste
- Butter - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Parsley - 0.5 Bunch
How to make Lentil Mustard Salad
1. Cut carrots into cubes or half rings, peel and dice the turnips. Pour vegetable oil into a saucepan and heat it, add turnips and carrots, fry vegetables until turnips are soft. 2. Cut the onion into cubes and place with the rest of the vegetables, add chopped garlic and ground cloves. 3. Stir all ingredients and cook for about 5-7 minutes. 4. Add lentils and water, stir and cover, bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. 5. Make sure the lentils are cooked, then discard everything in a colander. 6. Return all vegetables back to the pot, add butter.