Onion Tart - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Onion Tart - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
It's no secret that you can make delicious pies, other types of pastries, and even dessert with onions. Before that, it should be properly prepared. I'm talking about a recipe for making an onion tart.
You should definitely add cheese to the onion filling, so the taste will be much softer and more interesting. You can use ready-made frozen dough or make it just before cooking. Use red sweet onions, fresh or dried herbs. Serve after cooling or slightly warm.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For an afternoon snack
Main ingredient: Vegetables / Onions / Dough / Shortcrust pastry
Dish: Baking / Tarts / Dishes with filling
- Shortcrust pastry - 450 Grams
- Red Onion - 3 Pieces
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Butter - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Salt - To taste
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh thyme - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Hard cheese - 100 grams
How to cook "Onion tart"
1. Peel the onion and cut into half rings. Put butter in a saucepan and add olive oil. Put the onion in the heated oil and salt. 2. Saute the onions over medium heat for 10 minutes, then reduce to low and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in balsamic vinegar, fry for another 10 minutes. 3. Roll out the dough into a thin layer, place half of the grated cheese in the center. 4. Top the cheese with caramelized onions and sprinkle with fresh (or dried) thyme. 5. Wrap the remaining edges over the onion filling. 6. Add the remaining grated cheese on top of the onion.