A chocolate version of the beloved Italian cookie. I recommend a recipe for how to make chocolate biscotti with cranberries and pistachios. These cookies are usually served chilled with coffee or hot tea.
Delicious cookies that can be stored for a long time. A bit like crackers, but not as dry. Biscotti is most often served with a cup of coffee or tea. You can make a classic treat or a chocolate one like this. Biscotti is prepared with almonds, pistachios and other nuts, and you can also add raisins, dried cranberries or other berries to them.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For an afternoon snack
Main ingredient: Dough / Cocoa
Dish: Baking / Cookies / Biscotti / Sweet
- Flour - 2 Glasses
- Sugar - 1 Glass
- Cocoa - 0.5 Cups
- Baking powder - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Soda - To taste (on the tip of a knife)
- Salt - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Orange zest - 1 Art. the spoon
- Dried Cranberries - 3/4 Cup
- Pistachios - 3/4 Cup
- Eggs - 3 Pieces
- Vanilla extract - 2 Teaspoons
Number of Servings: 50-60
How to make "Chocolate Biscotti with Cranberries and Pistachios"
1. Sift flour, cocoa into a bowl, add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt. In another bowl combine orange zest, pistachios, and cranberries. 2. Mix the contents of the two bowls. 3. Add eggs, vanilla extract to a bowl to dry ingredients, mix well with a spatula or hands. 4. Place the dough on a floured surface and divide it into 2 pieces. Form each into small sausages. 5. Place the sausages on a baking sheet and place in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30 minutes. 6. Remove the sausages and leave them for 10 minutes, then use a sharp knife to cut each into pieces about 1.5 cm thick. Transfer the pieces to a baking sheet and return to the oven for 8 minutes, then turn each to the other side and bake for another 5-6 minutes.