Barley Porridge With Mushrooms And Bacon - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
Table of contents:
Video: Barley Porridge With Mushrooms And Bacon - A Step By Step Recipe With A Photo
A simple barley dish can be delicious! Don't believe me? And you cook porridge according to this recipe, you will get almost a restaurant dish. You will really like this aromatic, hearty porridge, believe me!
Pearl barley is not very popular in Russia now, but in vain! Dishes made from pearl barley are useful; in Italy, for example, barley and rice are almost equally appreciated. Let's cook tasty and satisfying barley porridge today according to the principle of risotto. Porridge turns out to be aromatic, tasty and in the cold season - it is an excellent dish for lunch. If you do not add cheese and bacon to the porridge, the dish will turn out lean.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main ingredient: Meat / Offal / Bacon / Mushrooms / Cereals / Pearl barley / Champignons
Dish: Hot dishes / Porridge
- Pearl barley - 1 Glass
- Any mushrooms - 120-150 Grams
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Bacon - 70 Grams
- Hard cheese - 40-50 grams
- Dry red wine - 100 Milliliters (optional)
- Dried Basil - 2 Pinches
- Ground black pepper - 1-2 pinches
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon (to taste)
- Dill, parsley - 1 tbsp. spoon (chopped)
- Water - 700-800 Milliliters (or broth)
- Vegetable oil - 3 Tbsp. spoons
How to cook "Barley porridge with mushrooms and bacon"
1. Pour pearl barley with water and leave overnight, let it swell. After soaking, pearl barley will cook faster. 2. Preheat a frying pan with vegetable oil, fry the diced onions and carrots. Fry until the onion is slightly golden. 3. Add chopped mushrooms and fry until the liquid evaporates completely. Mushrooms can be taken both fresh and frozen. 4. Thoroughly rinse the swollen barley, drain the water as much as possible and add the cereal to the pan. Fry, stirring occasionally, together with vegetables and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. 5. Pour in wine, bring to a boil and evaporate for a couple of minutes. This step is not necessary, but it will be tastier with wine:) 6. Fill with water or broth so that the liquid slightly covers the cereal, and cook over low heat, periodically adding water or broth, until the barley is ready.
Popular by topic
Barley with meat and mushrooms is a tasty, satisfying and nutritious dish that is suitable for all family members. You can serve it with vegetables, salads, pickles. The combination of barley and beef is perfect
A great stand-alone dish or a delicious side dish. It is very simple to prepare, even a novice hostess can handle it. The dish is suitable for a lean diet, but nevertheless very satisfying
Not everyone loves barley, but what if you cook it with beans and bacon? You can diversify with slices of baked pumpkin, aromatic spices ... No one will refuse such porridge for sure
Looking for an uncomplicated, hearty and mouth-watering dish without meat? Then I want to share with you a very cool idea of a full-fledged hot, which will definitely not leave you indifferent. I recommend the recipe for a note
If you want to keep your health, do not neglect barley. Moreover, with its help you can cook a lot of tasty and healthy dishes. Especially for you a recipe for a soup with barley and mushrooms. Try it