Belarusian borscht is one of the many varieties of this delicious, red and hearty soup. Do you want to know how to cook it? Then I'll tell you in detail how to do it.
The main differences between the Belarusian borscht and the Ukrainian one: the absence of cabbage, the beets are boiled in their uniforms separately, to make the borscht thick, browned flour is added. So let's get started!
Purpose: For lunch
Main ingredient: Vegetables / Beetroot
Dish: Soups / Borsch
Cuisine geography: Belarusian / European
- beef ribs - 400 Grams
- beef - 350 Grams (pulp)
- water - 3 Liters
- beets - 3 Pieces
- potatoes - 4 Pieces
- carrots - 1 Piece
- parsley root - 1 Piece
- onion - 1 Piece
- tomato puree - 100 Grams
- lard - 40 Grams
- wheat flour - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- sugar - - To taste
- vinegar - 1 tbsp. spoon (3%)
- sour cream - 50 grams (for serving)
- bay leaf - 1 Piece
- ground black pepper, salt - - To taste
How to cook "Belarusian borscht"
1. Belarusian borscht is one of the many varieties of this delicious, red and hearty soup. Do you want to know how to cook Belarusian borscht? Then I'll tell you in detail how to do it. 2. Separately put the beets to boil. Wash the beets, cover with water, bring to a boil, simmer until tender. Then fill with cold water, cool and clean. 3. Wash and peel potatoes, carrots, parsley root and onions. Saute the flour in a dry hot frying pan until a nutty smell appears. 4. Cut the potatoes into pieces, send them to the boiling broth. 5. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater, chop the onion and parsley root. Melt lard or chopped bacon in a frying pan, sauté chopped roots until golden brown. Pour in tomato puree, bring to a boil, cook for another 5 minutes. Add sugar to taste. 6. Add browned flour, broth, salt, pepper and cut into strips of beets to the broth. Pour in vinegar to taste. Cook for another 10 minutes, let it brew.