I propose a recipe for a very tasty summer dessert - pear pie in caramel filling, in which thin shortbread dough is combined with juicy pear, caramel filling and air meringue.
Making a caramelized pear pie is very easy if you follow the step-by-step recipe recommendations. Cook with pleasure and please your family and friends! To obtain a brighter caramel taste, you should first fry the sugar until a light caramel color and only then stir in the butter intensively.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack / On a festive table
Main ingredient: Fruit / Dough / Shortcrust pastry / Pear
Dish: Baking / Pies
- Butter - 200 grams (50 grams - in dough, 150 grams - in caramel filling)
- Sugar - 250 grams (50 grams - in dough, 90 grams - in caramel filling, 100 grams - in meringue)
- Eggs - 4 Pieces (1 whole egg - for dough and 3 whites - for meringue)
- Flour - 200 Grams (150 grams - in dough, 2 tablespoons - in caramel filling)
- Salt - 2 Pinches (1 pinch for dough, 1 pinch for meringue)
- Citric Acid - 1 Pinch (per meringue)
- Pears - 3 Pieces (juicy)
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla sugar - 1 Piece (in a bag, in a caramel filling)
How to make "Caramel Pear Pie"
Prepare the ingredients. Beat an egg into a container for kneading dough, add a pinch of salt and 50 grams of sugar, mix. Add 50 grams of softened butter, whisk. Add flour, baking powder, mix with egg-oil mixture with a silicone spatula. Continue further kneading the dough with your hands, the dough is soft, elastic. Prepare a baking dish, cover the bottom with parchment, do not grease with oil, as the dough contains oil.