The prunes and walnuts in the pie are a classic combination, and if you add chocolate to them, the pie is amazing. Wet sponge cake with rich chocolate flavor, shall we make it?
The recipe for this cake is quite simple. If you don't have a food processor, you can replace it with a mixer or whisk. Combine the ingredients for the dough, add the prunes and walnuts, and bake in the preheated oven until tender. You can decorate the cake with chocolate icing. I will tell you more about how to make a pie with prunes and walnuts in a step-by-step recipe.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack / For a banquet table
Main ingredient: Fruits / Dried fruits / Prunes / Nuts / Dough / Flour / Sponge dough / Walnuts / Whole grain flour
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
- Chicken eggs - 3 Pieces
- Sour cream - 180 grams (20% fat)
- Vanilla extract - 1.5 teaspoons (1 tsp - in the dough, 0.5 tsp - in the glaze)
- Wheat flour - 190 grams
- Cocoa powder - 90 grams (60 gr. - in the dough, 30 gr. - in the glaze)
- Baking powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Soda - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Butter - 200 grams (170 gr. - in the dough, 30 gr. - in the glaze)
- Sugar - 240 grams (200 gr. - in the dough, 40 gr. - in the glaze)
- Pitted prunes - 130 Grams
- Walnuts - 120 Grams
- Milk - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Cognac - 2 Art. spoons
How to make "Pie with prunes and walnuts"
Prepare the required ingredients. The butter should be at room temperature. If the prunes are too dry, soak them for 15 minutes in warm water, then chop. Dry the walnuts in a pan, and then chop. Combine eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract in a deep bowl. Set aside. In another container, combine sifted flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Use a food processor to beat the softened butter and sugar. Whisk in the egg mixture without stopping. Add the flour mixture in portions.